Ana Valeria is part of the Intellectual Property department of the Firm. She has developed her professional career in this area in an important law firm specialised in intellectual property, working with clients from all over the world and with all kinds of trademark and patent portfolios. Her practice includes advice on trademarks, patents and copyright for its protection in Bolivian territory, strategy and prosecution of a variety of legal processes, from simple observations before the national intellectual property office to complex infringement actions.
She has an integral knowledge of the Bolivian system of intellectual property and advised clients in all administrative procedures as well as judicial means before the Plurinational Constitutional Court. She also has vast experience in negotiating coexistence agreements, licenses and cease and desists.
While completing her Master's Degree, and through the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Trademark Clinic, Ana Valeria has worked with the US Trademark Office, advising clients and carrying out registration processes, which gives her a unique perspective on the management of trademark portfolios of foreign clients in Bolivia, as well as the international experience for Bolivian clients.
She is also currently working on the development of local marks, coordinating and supervising registrations around the world.
- Graduated with honors from Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo”.
- Certificate, General Course on Intellectual Property, World Intellectual Property Oganization – Distance learning (2016)
- Masters in Entertainment, media and Intellectual Property Law, University of California Los Angeles – Los Angeles, California (2015)
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo” - La Paz, Bolivia (2011). Graduated with honors.
- Diploma, Investment arbitration, Universidad del Pacifico – Lima, Peru (Second Semester 2012)
- Diploma, Post-conflict transition and Transitional Justice, International Peace & Security Institute – The Hague, Netherlands (Summer 2012).
- Diploma, English Legal Method, University of Cambridge - Cambridge, England (Summer 2010).
- Ministry of Justice, Public Register of Lawyers of the Plurinational State of Bolivia