Julio is a partner of Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa Soc. Civ, specialised in Corporate and Banking Law, Restructuring of Companies, Financial, Banking and Mining Law, as well as intellectual property. His professional activity also covers counselling in matters related to Contracts and Family Law, Wills and Estate Planning.
Since he started his professional practice in 2003 as an associate and later on as a partner of Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa, Soc. Civ., he has participated in due diligences, negotiations and closing of important transactions in corporate and financial deals, as well as several projects in the mining field. He has served as board member of numerous corporations and represented, as attorney-in-fact, shareholders of foreign companies doing business in Bolivia.
Julio presently acts as an advisor of local and foreign investors in loan transactions and capital contribution to financial institutions. He is specialised in general advisory to corporations, organisation, restructuring, dissolution and liquidation of commercial companies, amendment of articles of incorporation and by-laws, and reorganisation, mergers, acquisitions and the implementation of Corporate Governance policies.
Also, Julio is in charge of the Intellectual Property department of the firm, with a vast experience in the registration of trademarks as well as in its protection through oppositions and administrative proceedings.
Since 2012 Julio is a member of the faculty at the Law School of Universidad Privada Boliviana, as lecturer of Commercial Law I (Company Law), Commercial Law II (Commercial Contracts) and Introduction to Business Law, having also given graduate courses in such University, and is also lecturer at the Universidad Católica Boliviana, both at the Law School (Commercial Law I) and the Graduate School (Corporate Governance).
- Master Degree in Business Administration (M.B.A.) at Universidad de Santiago de Chile - USACH associated to Universidad Privada Boliviana (Joint Programme 2015).
- Master Degree in International and Comparative Law (LL.M.) at University of Notre Dame (London Programme) (2005).
- Master Degree in Commercial Law (D.S.U.) at Université Paris II, Pantheon-Sorbonne, France (2003).
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) at Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo”, Bolivia (2002).
- Participation in World Bank and IFC´s publication “Doing Business” (2006 to 2015).
- Participation in World Bank´s publication “Investing Across Borders” (2010).
- Public Registry of Lawyers, Ministry of Justice.
- La Paz Bar Association
- National bar Association
- IFA Bolivia (International Fiscal Association – Bolivian Branch)
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)