Mauricio is partner of Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa Soc. Civ. in charge of the Tax, Labor and Customs Department. His professional activity also covers counselling in commercial and corporate matters.
With a technical background as business administrator and legal as a lawyer, he had the opportunity to participate and provide advice in different kind of operations. In addition, he has served as member of the board, syndic and liquidator of companies established in Bolivia, and as attorney-in-fact for shareholders of foreign companies doing business in Bolivia.
His areas of professional practice include counselling integrally in corporate matters, from the planning of legal entities to perform business, the incorporation of commercial companies, tax and human resources planning, corporate governance, corporate reorganizations, and finally liquidation and bankruptcy process.
Mauricio teaches at Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo” as part-time teacher of Business Law (Labor, Tax, Social Security and Commercial for non-law students), and in graduate courses at the same University.
- Specialization courses in Tax Law at Universidad Andina, La Paz – Bolivia, Universidad Austral, Buenos Aires – Argentina, and Instituto Boliviano de Estudios Empresariales, La Paz – Bolivia.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) at Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo”, Bolivia (2002).
- Business Administrator graduate at Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo”, Bolivia (1988)
- Collaboration in publication “Doing Business” (2005 to 2015), The World Bank.
- "The Challenge of Creating Taxes within a State with Autonomous Levels", V Bolivian Tax Law Conference - Autoridad General de Impugnación Tributaria, December 2012.
- "Legal Implications of Convergence to IFRS", III International Conference on Taxation / UPSA-IFA, August 2011.
- “The Americas Restructuring and Insolvency Guide 2004/2005 – Bolivia Chapter”, Globe White Page, June 2004.
- Public Registry of Lawyers, Ministry of Justice
- La Paz Bar Association
- National Bar Association
- Instituto Boliviano de Estudios Tributarios (IBET)
- International Fiscal Association