Sergio started his professional practice in 2001 advising public entities on Administrative Law, as well as, a consultant for the Municipal Government of La Paz.
Later, he worked for the private sector, advising local and international clients in Corporate and Commercial Law, Administrative Law Mining Law, Commercial and Civil Contracts, as well as Intellectual Property. His professional activity also covers counseling in matters related to Immigration Law and Arbitration, joining Quintanilla, Soria & Nishizawa Soc. Civ. as an associate and later as a partner.
Sergio has participated in important transactions that include administrative and regulatory proceedings in the mining, telecommunications and electricity sectors, as well as in complex corporate restructuring involving amounts over USD650 million. He has served as board member and comptroller of numerous corporations and represented, as attorney-in-fact, shareholders of foreign companies doing business in Bolivia.
Besides advising corporate restructuring processes and preventive legal audits for the compliance of corporate and commercial formalities, Sergio advises startup companies that seek to implement innovations and new technologies.
He currently collaborates with foreign publications with regards to commercial and administrative matters.
- Graduated “cum laude” at the thesis dissertation for the Juris Doctor (J.D.).
- Master Degree in Corporate Law at Universidad Privada Boliviana (thesis dissertation pending).
- Specialization on Arbitration, Mediation and Negotiation – GVLAW, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) at Universidad Católica Boliviana “San Pablo”, Bolivia.
- Participation in World Bank Group’s publication “Benchmarking Public Procurement in Bolivia 2016”.
- Bolivian Chapter of “Doing Business” by Mathew Bender. CILS. Lexis-Nexis, 2016.
- Public Registry of Lawyers, Ministry of Justice.
- La Paz Bar Association